Enhance your giving strategy by providing immediate support to our cause, while safeguarding assets for loved ones later.
About Charitable Lead Trusts
A Charitable Lead Trust is a type of trust that allows you to make a charitable gift while retaining some control over the assets during your lifetime.
This type of trust makes annual payments to a charity for a set number of years, after which the remaining assets are distributed to beneficiaries that you choose (many people choose their family members).
- Receive an immediate income tax deduction for the value of your contributions.
- Retain some control over the assets donated.
- Provide for your family’s financial security.
- Create a lasting legacy that supports our mission.
How it works
- Create a trust and fund it with assets, such as cash, securities, or real estate.
- Receive an immediate tax deduction for the present value of the charitable payments made to the trust.
- The trust makes annual payments to us for a set number of years, based on a predetermined formula or percentage of the trust assets.
- At the end of the charitable period, the remaining assets are distributed to non-charitable beneficiaries, chosen by you, such as your family members.